With locations in 12 Countries and a team of 200 passionate employees, OPTIS is a world leader in optical simulation and virtual reality.
Our solutions allow customers to make virtual prototyping from the initial design to first product test.
We are looking for an Application Engineer to strengthen our growth in Northern Europe (UK, Scandinavia).
Your role will be to support our sales teams, providing our customers and prospects with a range of solutions for optics, ergonomics, virtual reality and acoustic simulation across the U.K and Scandinavia.
With customers as diverse as luxury car manufacturers, lighting specialists, transportation and cosmetic groups, you will have the opportunity to discover a wide range of industries, while advocating our products and analysing our customer needs.
The role is fast paced, with a high level of collaboration, travel and presentation to parties of 1 to 20 people.
While acquiring experience, you will become a domain expert with an in-depth understanding of technology and Innovation.
Optis Northern Europe’s team international team is based in 3 locations, near Manchester, Warwick and Gothenburg in Sweden.
We use the latest in computing, super-computing and virtual reality to explore the visual impact of products that are at the leading edge of customer value.
As an Application Engineer, your responsibilities include :
- Support to our sales force with the development of demonstration scenarios
- Technical presentation of our solutions to our customers.
- Customer consulting, implementation of our simulation software, reporting of the results.
- Customers and partners training on our software (1 to 3 days sessions).
- Customer support.
- The ideal candidate holds a Mechanical Engineering or Physics degree (preferably a background in optics), and knowledge of industry standard CAD packages – CATIA, SolidWorks, PTC Creo, Siemens NX
- Qualification in optical engineering, optical design, some experience with VR applications and a willingness to learn and work with customers to implement new technology.
- Knowledge of Automotive industry and/or experience in optics or illumination systems would be a great advantage.
- Knowledge of material properties BRDF and ability to develop simple programs in C++, Matlab, VB Script are also appreciated…
- This position could suit an engineer with fluent English, willing to travel and holding a driver’s license.
Please send your CV as well as a cover letter to the HR dept. email@example.com