OPTIS Pristine Ltd is a UK based software development company and part of the global OPTIS Group, with a worldwide customer base that includes many of the world’s largest and most prestigious automotive companies, including Bentley, Porsche, Aston Martin, McLaren and Audi. Its products form an integral part of the OPTIS portfolio, delivering complete solutions from Optics to Virtual Reality (see www.optis-world.com for more details). At OPTIS Pristine, we specialize in the development of software for managing and improving Perceived Quality within the portfolio. These products visually simulate the impact of variation and deformation of products as a result of the manufacturing and assembly process and experience the product exactly as end customer will using a fully interactive 3D virtual representation of the product.
A position has become available on the software development team. This team is responsible for all stages of software development, from initial research and design, through full implementation and testing, to release, deployment and support. Suitable candidates will be self-motivated with strong software design and development skills and have the ability to deliver robust software on time and to a high quality. Candidates will also be able to adapt quickly to new technologies and be motivated by new challenges.
Suitable candidates should have:
- A good degree in computer science.
- A proven ability to think creatively, solve problems, pick up new skills and technologies quickly.
- An ability to work independently but with good communication and team working skills.
- Very good software development skills specifically with C++/C#.
The following skills and experience would be a significant advantage:
- 1 – 3 years commercial software development experience.
- Software architecture and design.
Familiarity and experience with some of the following concepts would be also beneficial:
- Common 3D geometric representations and data structures (B-Splines, NURBS, B-Reps)
- 3D rendering techniques with OpenGL
- Statistically and numerical methods (FEA/FEM, Monte Carlo, Constraints, Kinematics, etc.)
- Agile Software development process and SCRUM techniques.
- MS Team Foundation Server and Visual Studio 2013.
If you are interested in this position please send a CV and covering letter explaining why you are interested in this role and why you believe would be a suitable candidate, to:
Dr John Maxfield, OPTIS Pristine Limited