OPTIS and Siemens PLM Software
In 2014, OPTIS launched SPEOS for NX and has been awarded Gold Partner Status. SPEOS is now 100% integrated in Siemens NX, and is particularly welcomed by designers of opto-mechanical systems found in electronics, transport and lighting. SPEOS for NX brings high added value to those developing lighting for vehicles, dashboards, control rooms, cockpits, electronics systems, GPS, LCD displays, Hi-Fi, mobile phones... by enabling them to create high quality lighting and visual ergonomics simulations of their products for early design validation and consequently reduce the number of physical prototypes. It enables to see the final working appearance of the product, and gives a view of the product integrated into its final environment (such as a LCD screen on a car dashboard, surrounded by other controls and displays). It is thus possible to check the visual comfort and harmony of the product in its context. Light and color contrasts, glare and dazzling, and ghost reflections can all be simulated, ensuring brightness, uniformity and optimizing perceived quality and safety.
The integration in Siemens NX gives users of OPTIS solutions a:
- Highly user friendly interface
- Advanced light and optical simulation directly integrated in their overall product design process.
- Physically correct computer-generated images suitable for decision making
- Time savings of up to 80%
- Direct import of material appearance into their simulation
- Ergonomics studies taking into account human visual perception
- Visualization of light, color and material effects in a 3D immersive environment.
About Siemens PLM Software
Siemens PLM Software is a world-leading provider of product lifecycle management (PLM) software. They help thousands of companies make great products by optimizing their lifecycle processes, from planning and development through manufacturing and support.